Dealing with a tax problem is stressful. Not dealing with it is even worse.
You’ve made the decision to tackle your tax problem. Great! Now you’re looking to enlist the help of a tax resolution professional to take you through the process. Here are five key tax resolution de-stress tips that will help your tax resolution process.
- Tax Resolution De-Stress Tip #1 – Do Your Homework – Researching tax resolution companies prior to hiring one is the best way to start your #RoadToResolution. We’ve covered in a previous blog post questions you should ask as part of your decision-making process. Find out how long they’ve been in business. Ask about their track record representing their clients. And watch out for this huge red flag – a guarantee of results. It is only after a thorough examination of your unique case that what possible resolution options are available can be determined.
- Tax Resolution De-Stress Tip #2 – It Takes Two to Tango – As the client, you are a critical piece of the tax resolution process. Cooperation with document and records requests is essential to keep the resolution process running smoothly. You are a partner in the resolution process. Your participation is crucial to the success of your tax resolution case.
During the Resolution Process
- Tax Resolution De-Stress Tip #3 – Information is Key – To get your case started, your tax resolution professional will be asking for detailed financial information. It may seem like a lot and some of it may seem irrelevant, but it is all to get you the best outcome possible. Full disclosure of all financial information requested is essential for the tax resolution expert to do their best job for you.
- Tax Resolution De-Stress Tip #4 – Time is of the Essence – Avoiding the issue altogether and delays in the process can be costly. Avoidance means penalties and interest will continue to accumulate, adding to your tax debt. As a partner in the process, you can cut down on self-inflicted delays. Timely delivery of records and information requested help keep your case moving. Doing something is always better than doing nothing.
- Tax Resolution De-Stress Tip #5 – Be Open-Minded (when it comes to resolution options) – There are multiple tax relief programs available. Each program has their own set of criteria and qualifications. Understand that each tax issue is unique; what your relative or friend was able to do may not be the best option for you and your situation. Here is why information is key. The more complete the information the tax resolution professional has to work with, the better options you will have for your resolution plan.
One Last Thing
Are you looking for trusted, local tax resolution experts to help resolve your tax problems? Call Strategic Tax Resolution today. We are the ‘guy on your side’ – handling the IRS and State taxing authorities on your behalf, working to negotiate the best possible outcome for you. Strategic Tax Resolution has convenient local offices and online-assisted means to better serve you. Take control of your tax issues! Call Strategic Tax Resolution today at 888-339-4914 and Get Relief!